Electronic examination service -
Exam room (Tenttiterraario) and Exam system
Login to the EXAM system takes place by using the TAMK username and password.
Don´t use "TUNI"-ID in EXAM-system.
The exam area 1 (Kuntokatu 3, G-building, Library 2nd floor, room G2-04) and the exam area 2 (Kuntokatu 3, C-building, room C3-02) are a technically (visual and sound recording) supervised rooms with 16 computers (room 1) and 20 computers + 1 accessible place for wheelchair (room 2).
Examinations can be completed there independently and flexibly at a personally chosen time. Students can complete retake examinations, book examinations and maturity tests (maturity test: execution time is 175 minutes) in the exam room. The examination questions can be multiple choice questions, fill-in exercises or essays. All computers have a Firefox browser (access to the EXAM only!), pdf-reader, paint, notepad, powerpoint and word (without spelling) and windows calculator, excel and matlab (only part of the computers in room 2). Students cannot access any other software and may not take any materials, such as own pocket calculator, with them to the room.
Teachers make the examination in the Exam system (NB: teachers must have logged into the system at least once before they can act as examiners/assessors). The student uses the Exam system for registering and booking the examination time. The student sees the opening hours of the exam room in the system.
Exam room rules
- You need a tag (access card) to enter the exam room. Always confirm your arrival time using your own tag at the door.
- You are not allowed to take any belongings to the exam room (only the tag + student card is allowed). Leave your valuables (mobile phone,bags, outerwear, water bottle, calculators, headphones etc) to the lockers outside the room.
- Please comply with the booked examination time. Enter the room max 5 minutes before your examination begins to allow others to finish their examination without disturbance. It is forbidden to leave and return room in the middle of an examination. You can exit as soon as the exam is completed.
- Make sure you know the number of the room and computer before entering the room. The login instructions with the joint username and password can be found next to the computer.
- Absolute silence is required in the exam room.
- Please avoid fragrances in the exam room.
- If you need some medical aids/medication during your exam, remember to notify firstname.lastname@example.org before the exam.
- It is absolutely forbidden to go the exam without an examination booking.
- Please exit the exam room and building immediately in case of a fire alarm. You can return to complete the examination after the fire alarm.
- Technical support is not available during the exam. In case of problem, see further instructions on the exam room wall.
If you detect deceit, please notify of the matter: email@example.com. TAMK procedures in cases of fraudulent behaviour. Using a mobile phone during the exam: the exam performance is automatically failed.
Instructions in short:
The teacher (examiner) makes the examination in the Exam system
1.The teacher opens the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and logs into the address exam.tamk.fi with TAMK username and password.
2.The teacher makes the exam with the official course code and name.
The teacher can only make a personal examination for a student when the student has logged into the Exam system at least once, i.e. the student can be found in the system.
3. The teacher adds the basic examination data and the questions into Exam and sets the time when the examination can be completed (i.e. is open).
Using the calculator, Software section:
- If the calculator is NOT relevant to the performance of the exam, don´t make any choice!
- If the student can use a windows calculator the teacher selects: "Windows calculator needed".
- If the calculator is not allowed the teacher selects: "No windows calculator".
Windows calculator can be found on computer desktop. Student can select right calculation modes (standard, scientific, programme or statistic) click on View menu. Remember instructs students before the examination.
- If the student can use a windows calculator / excel / matlab the teacher selects:" Matematiikka, Mathematics"
- The attachment may be pdf (recommendation), .doc, .ppt or .xls format and max size is 50 megabits.
The teacher should always instruct students in the instructions section of the exam if students should use the software and return their answers for example as Word, PowerPoint, Excel files.
4. Before the puclication of the exam to make sure your questions operating: Preview Exam -function.
5. The teacher instructs students to read the electronic examination guidelines and exam room rules before the examination.
The student registers for the examination in the Exam system
- The student reads the electronic examination guidelines.
- The student opens the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and logs into the address exam.tamk.fi with TAMK username and password.
- The student searches for the examination in the Exam system using the course code or name.
- The student registers for the examination and books the examination time in the exam room 1 or 2 (G2-04 or C3-02)
The Exam system notifies the student of the examination computer (e.g. PC-01 is computer number 1) in the connection of booking the time. The booking is also confirmed by email. The examination only opens at the booked time.
The booking can be cancelled and re-made in Exam before the examination time.
Irreversible reservation is one exam performance. Reservations which will not be used have to be cancelled in time.
The student takes the examination in the exam room 1 or 2
- The student reads the exam room rules before the examination.
- The student leaves his/her belongings in the locker next to the exam room. The locker instructions can be found on the locker doors.
- The student enters the exam room at the booked time using the tag.
- The student goes to the booked computer and logs into it with joint username and password. All login instructions can be found next to the computer.
- The student opens the Firefox browser and logs into with TAMK username and password.
- The student waits until the examination opens. The examination opens at the booked time.
- Read the exam instructions carefully.
- The student completes the examination.
- If the Windows calculator is allowed, student can find it on computer desktop: Calculator-shortcut. You can select calculation mode (standard, scientific etc.) click on View menu.
- During the exam you can use desktop programs. Please remenber to attach anyt relavant exam attachments to the Exam system before returning the exam.
- The student saves the examination before closing the browser.
- The student closes the browser and logs out of the workstation. Leave the computer and screen on.
- The student leaves the exam room, takes his/her belongings from the locker, and leaves the locker door open.
The teacher evaluates the examination in the Exam system
- The teacher receives an email on who has registered for and completed the examination.
- The teacher evaluates the examination in Exam (in three weeks after the last course performance).
The teacher uses case-specific consideration with student contacts regarding disturbances caused by e.g. a fire alarm. It is possible to agree on e.g. a new examination, completion of the unfinished examination, or consideration of the interruption in assessment of the examination.
The student sees the assessment in the Exam system
- The student logs into Exam to see the assessment and other potential feedback.
NB! There is no technical support available during the examination.
If your examination is interrupted to technical problems report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please exit the exam room and building immediately in case of a fire alarm.
You can return to complete the examination after the fire alarm. If the interruption significantly disturbs the examination, please contact your teacher.
Lockers or tag problem take contact the janitors.
Questions and contacts to the address: email@example.com
If you need some medical aids/medication during your exam, remember to notify firstname.lastname@example.org before the exam.
Exam room 1 (Exam Area G2-04) and Exam room 2 (Exam area C3-02) open:
excluding puclic holidays and maintenance breaks
18.4. at 16-22 and 19.4.-22.4.
30.4. and 1.5.2019
Open week 26: Mon-Fri 9-15, Sat closed
Maintenance break 2019:
at 7-10 on 1.4., 6.5. and 3.6.2019
at 18-22 on 21.3, 16.4, 23.5, 18.6. and 18.7.2019
There is no technical support available during the examination.
Technical problems (computers): email@example.com
Please attach your student number, details of you exam and number of your exam PC.
In locker or tag problems contact the janitors.
Questions and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org